View our ADMINISTRATION JOB openings
OPPORUNITY FOR AN EXPERIENCED CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTING MANAGER to join our team.
For over 20 years Mallet, a Seattle based design-build group, has been focused on providing clients an exceptional team of architects, designers, construction professionals and craftspeople all under one roof. Working collaboratively, we create and deliver award winning projects that range from high-craft residential to what has been described as ‘some of the coolest, most atmospheric commercial spots in the city’. Our success is a result of this integrated approach and a team that leads with a commitment to great design, craftsmanship, professionalism and integrity.
We’re currently seeking a proactive and highly motivated accounting manager with a strong background in both the construction & architectural industries to partner in the financial oversight of both of our companies: Mallet Inc., a general contractor and Mallet Architecture + Design, LLC. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the accounting department. This includes monthly and year-end close processes, production of timely and accurate financial statements and the overall management of accounts receivable and general ledger functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience within the construction/architecture industry.
- Solid understanding of internal controls and well versed in financial reporting and analysis.
- Experience overseeing payroll and AR functions; advanced knowledge of WIP reporting, project-based accounting and percent complete work preferred.
- Experience in identifying and driving process improvements and implementing controls.
- Understanding of construction and design contract documents and commercial insurance policies.
- Systems/Software experience: advanced Excel, Sage 100 Contractor, Procore, Harvest & Forecast; You are a tech savvy person with the ability and desire to learn new programs quickly.
Our accounting department supports Mallet in effectively delivering the quality projects we’re recognized for. We’re looking for a dynamic accounting manager who’s on a quest for continuous improvement. Someone passionate about creating efficient processes while at the same time staying focused on the day to day requirements of the accounting department. You should possess strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex topics in an understandable manner, articulating what really matters. You will have proven experience thriving in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks with the ability to reprioritize and shift priorities quickly. This position has potential for advancement; we’re looking for an accounting professional with aspirations for growth and a commitment to professional development within Mallet. If this sounds like you and you fit the description above, we’d love to talk to you.
- A collaborative, innovative, dog friendly work environment located close to the SODO light rail station.
- Paid holidays, immediate PTO accrual, Simple IRA program, medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, and subsidized ORCA card.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Working hours 7:00-3:30 Mon-Fri in our SODO office. The position is full-time and long-term.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including work history, employment dates and references. We love cover letters, please include one telling us why you’d like to be part of our team.
@2019 Mallet Design Build